Homemade Ice Cream Recipes: How To Make Ice Cream At Home
Ice cream is a sweetened frozen food dish that is typically eaten as a snack or dessert. Such frozen dairy food made from milk, sugar, and flavoring. Some type of ice cream also contains eggs. The gelato and ice cream contain the same ingredients but the gelato uses more milk and less cream as compared to ice cream.
To scoop the ice cream use ice cream scoops & try ice cream recipes which are given here. Nostalgia is the best brand for ice cream machines. You can say helado to ice cream in Spanish.
There are different flavors that are available such as vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, etc. You can also make homemade ice cream at home with the help of the best ice cream maker for home. Here we are going to offer best a brief introduction of ice cream and also explain several basic concepts about ice cream or gelato including:
- What is ice cream and gelato?
- Why choose an ice cream maker?
- Types of ice cream maker
- How to choose the best ice cream maker?
- How to use an ice cream maker?
- Ice cream and gelato recipes
- How to make ice cream at home?
- How to make gelato?
Why choose an ice cream maker?
Ice cream maker is the best kitchen appliance that not only offers delicious ice cream or gelato but they do also let you control exactly what you want in your dessert. The latest automatic ice cream maker offers you to make soft ice cream, frozen yogurt, sherbet, and also other healthy desserts. These useful dessert maker appliances can be helpful for home, parties, and commercial use.
You can also make ice cream manually but it is a time-consuming process. Instead of it, you can use an ice cream maker machine which easily wipes up a perfect cup of ice cream at any time. It takes very little time depending on the machine or the recipe usually an hour. The required effort will be minimal.
Types of Ice cream maker:
The ice cream maker machines are very easy to use. Some models are cheaper and some are costly but with high quality. The cheaper ice cream maker will require to pre-freeze the mixing bowl. On other hand, the machines with higher prices offer more features for making ice cream, gelato, sorbet, frozen yogurt, and other desserts. Ice cream makers fall in the main three categories:
Bucket type ice cream maker:
Bucket type ice cream maker is an old-fashioned model with a bucket of ice and salt, an inner container for the ice cream, and also a motor that spins the paddle to churn. This Bucket ice cream maker uses ice and rock salt which has to be churned by hand. Ice cream making is easy with such a type of machine.
You need to add ingredients into the ice cream bucket, then add ice and rock, and finally switch it on. These machines are cheap in price.
Canister type ice cream maker:
The canister-type machine is the best choice who want to buy a less expensive gelato maker machine. To use it you need to put the bowl into the freezer for a day to get cold. After the bowl gets cold put it into the ice cream maker then add your all ingredients, and let the maker stir them until ice cream is ready.
Compressor type ice cream maker:
Such a model is somewhat more expensive than others but doing a great job as compared to others. It makes smooth ice cream and it is operating using a compressor. With such type of ice cream gelato maker, you don’t need ice also any need to pre-freeze the bowl. When you want to make ice cream just add ice cream ingredients and go.
How to choose the best ice cream maker?
While buying any gelato or ice cream maker you need to take some things in consideration. Some gelato machine comes with fewer features and some are with more features. Read ice cream maker reviews. Consider the following points.
- Unit’s capacity
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Component quality
- Machine Material
How to use an ice cream maker?
Making the ice cream using an ice maker is quite a simple job as compared to a manual hand crank. For an electric ice cream gelato maker machine, you need to pre-freeze the bowl for around 24 hours, then add the ingredients in the canister and turn the machine on.
Finally ice cream is ready. Some compressor-type machine does not need pre-freezing. Just add ice cream ingredients into the machine and on it. The smooth ice cream is ready.
How to make ice cream at home without an ice cream maker?
The ice cream is made of basically three ingredients – condensed milk, Cream with 25% to 40% fat, and flavors(eg. vanilla extract). To make ice cream at home follow the process:
- Pre freeze the bowl for a day. Also, you will have to chill cream and condensed milk in the fridge, not in the refrigerator.
- Insert the condensed milk into the mixing bowl and then add vanilla extract. Set it aside.
- Pour the chilled cream into a chilled bowl.
- Start whipping with an electric beater or hand mixer until soft or stiff peaks depend on cream.
- Then add 1 to 2 scoops of this to the condensed milk. You can directly add condensed milk to whipped cream.
- Stir it gently to get well mixing.
- Pour that to whipped cream and stir it again for uniform mixing.
- Transfer it to an ice cream container box and cover it with a food-grade plastic sheet over the mixture which touches the cream. It helps to prevent ice crystals.
- Place the box into the freezer for at least 8 hours. After that, it was hard then left it out and serve it.
How to make Gelato?
Gelato contains more milk and less cream than ice cream. If you have a question “How to make gelato at home?” then follow this best gelato recipe.
- Take a saucepan, mix 2 cup milk, and 1 cup heavy cream. Warm this mixture until foam forms around the edges. Then remove from heat.
- Take a large bowl and beat the 4 egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar until frothy. Pour the warm milk into the egg yolk, whisking constantly.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook at medium heat. Stir it with a wooden spoon until the mixture gets the coat back to the spoon.
- Pour the mixture through a fine strainer into a bowl. Cover and chill for some hours.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and freeze it. Transfer it to a sealed container and freeze until firm.
Benefits of Gelato Making Machine at Home:
Having a gelato maker machine at home is more beneficial because you may have many choices. You can make a batch of delicious ice cream at home with ingredients of your choice. If you are health conscious then you can control sweeten in ice cream or gelato dessert. By buying a gelato maker you can save the cost of buying gelato from stores.
You can also get a quality gelato ice cream. You can give such useful gelato machines as a gift to your friends. Another benefit is you can get healthier alternatives to regular gelato. Now to get such all benefits to buy gelato and ice cream maker on Amazon.
Delicious Ice Cream Maker Recipes:
Make delicious homemade ice cream using ingredients that you want to use in it. Quick and easy ice cream making recipes are here. There are different types of ice cream such as vanilla ice cream, mango ice cream, chocolate ice cream, dry fruit ice cream, and so on. Try following ultimate ice cream recipes:
1) Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe:
Vanilla is a classic ice cream that is frequently used, especially in North America, Asia also Europe. If you have doubts that “how to make vanilla ice cream?” then read the given ice cream recipes.
- Take a saucepan and stir 3/4 cup sugar, 1 cup whipping cream, and 2 1/4 cup milk in a pan over low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Heat until the mixture is hot and a small ring of foam appears around the edges.
- Transfer this mixture into a container and stir in 2 tsp vanilla extract and allow to chill this mixture throughout the night.
- Once the ice cream is softly frozen, serve immediately or cover it with plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
2) Mango Ice Cream Recipe:
Most of the people enjoy their summer with mangoes and also with delicious ice cream. Combining the ice cream with mangoes forms mango ice cream which makes your summer happy. If you have questions like “How to make mango ice cream?” then read the recipe given below.
- Take a bowl and combine 400 gms Nestle Milkmaid, 300 ml fresh cream, and mango puree of 3 ripe into it.
- Whisk it until the mixture gets thickened. Set it in the freezer till half set.
- Remove and whisk it again until get smooth.
- Set it into the freezer again and set completely, serve it.
3) Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe:
A chocolate ice cream makes everything better. This is a very rich, custard-style ice cream. Read the following recipe for “How to make chocolate ice cream?”. There are 216 calories in the 500ml of chocolate ice cream. Just praise your chocolate ice cream as an amazing dessert.
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar, 1 cup milk, 1/4 tsp salt, 2 tsp cocoa powder in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook just below boiling point while bubbling gently.
- Take the 3 egg yolk into a bowl. Stir in about 1/2 cup of hot liquid and return to saucepan. Heat until thickened, but don’t boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the 2 ounces of semisweet chopped chocolate until chocolate is melted.
- Pour into the chilled bowl and refrigerate it for about 2 hours until cold.
- After the chocolate mixture gets cold, stir in the 2 cups heavy cream and 1 tsp vanilla extract. pour it into the ice cream maker and at last freeze it.
What is rolled ice cream and How to make rolled ice cream?
Rolled ice cream is a way of entertaining customers and offers ultimate flavors. Rolled ice cream began in Thailand and South East Asia. Ice cream rolls curled into shape. If you are thinking to start an ice-cream business then must learn about starting rolled ice cream business.
The process to make rolled ice cream:
- Select the flavor that the customer wants. After that place ingredients on pan with a liquid ice cream.
The ingredients start to freeze as they are chopped and mixed together.
- Then spread that mixture on ice plate.
- With the help of stainless steel spatula ice cream rolls are curled into shape.
- Finally ice cream rolls are ready to serve.